Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Customary Introductory Post

Hi!

Welcome to Bit Mechanics! Your one-stop blog for err...nothing? Umm, yeah - I'm not exactly sure what I plan to post here. Probably just the regular stuff. Anyway - (I'm the kind that gets pissed off if you use anyways, or wierd or....let's save this for another post.) - here's something about me.

My name's Ankush Jain. I'm a 17 year old guy from Patiala, Punjab, India, a state with the maximum wannabe-hippie/square km ratio. I'm currently studying Computer Science at IIIT, Hyderabad - an institute with a very specific focus on Information Technology.

I love all things tech, and spend a significant percent of free time doing various stuff on my lappy. It's a HP dv6-6165tx with i7-2670QM 2.2GHz processor, Radeon 6770M GPU and 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM. And, it's a huge-huge upgrade from my ex-PC (I loved that box, but it was time to move on) with its AMD Athlon 2400+ processor, onboard graphics, 1 gig of DDR1 RAM, which now lies at my home, hardly unused.

I'm also a movie buff, music buff and food buff. And books buff. That seems like a lot of buffs, but trust me, there's a lot I don't like. Like animals. And insects - especially insects. And sports. It's impossible to suck at sports more than I do. This one year, I was supposed to play volleyball at school for a whole year, and the number of times I managed to contact the ball is limited to three. We actually had a celebration the first time I hit it (my classmates didn't mind me having in a team, except that I was picked last). Not that I mind. Sure, sports gets you a lot of girl(friend)s, and I've been lacking in that department, but all it is is crazy people chasing balls.

I've been called everything from an asshole to a real-life version of Sheldon Cooper to cute [;)], so that's a pretty wide spectrum. I'm sure that this blog's (yet imaginary) readers will figure me out. :)

PS: Wait up for the next post, which will probably be on my lappy - why I bought it, and the challenges I faced (and am facing) while installing Linux on it, and stuff like that. As Barney Stinson would say, it's gonna be LEGEND..... - wait for it - .....DDDDARY!

1 comment:

  1. Leonard. Leonard Leonard. Although I liked your honesty in the blog. Not that many people have it. Looking forward to reading what comes next.

    ReplyDelete